1、When the fox preaches, take care of your geese.
佛口蛇心。
2、I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.
6歲那年我就不相信真的有聖誕老人了,那天,媽媽帶我到一家百貨商店去看聖誕老人,可他讓我給他簽名。
3、Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
你的時間有限,所以不要浪費時間去過別人的生活。
4、The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.
成就的唯一途徑是熱愛自己的事業,如果你還沒找到的話,繼續尋找,不要屈就。
5、Be brave and clear. Follow your heart and don't be overly influenced by outside factors. Be true to yourself.
要勇敢和明智。遵從內心,不隨波逐流。做真實的自己。
6、When the fruit is scarcest, its taste is sweetest.
物以稀為貴。
7、What we lose in hake we shall have in herring.
失之東隅,收之桑榆。
8、What we do willingly is easy.
世上無難事,只要肯登攀。
9、I have no trouble being taken seriously as a woman and a diplomat [in Ghana].
作為一個女人和一名外交官,我毫無疑問的受到重視。(在加納)
10、Where drums beat, laws are silent.
戰鼓一打,法律無聲。
11、When war begins then hell opens.
戰爭一開始,地獄門敞開。
12、I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself.
我嚮往一個內部和平的非洲。
13、What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh.
生就的本性,總會暴露的。
14、When the fight begins within himself a man's worth something.
內心開始鬥爭時,為人就會有價值。
15、I wanted to be in the FBI. I also wanted to be a pie salesman. It was so intense that the studio got the prop department to make a little pie wagon and they filled it with tarts. I wheeled it around the set and sold them to the crew. I was about 8 years old. I always sold out and I didn't have to pay for them. It was a great deal!
我想當聯邦調查局探員。我還想成為餡餅銷售員。這個想法是如此的強烈,以至於當工作室得到小吃車道具並將它裝滿餡餅時,我推著它繞著劇組晃並把餡餅賣給工作人員。那時我八歲左右,不用替他們付錢。這是筆很大的交易!
16、Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
設計不只是外表和感覺,設計是產品如何運作。
17、A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
精明的頭腦和善良的心靈往往是個不可思議的組合。
18、We would have to invent the U.N. if we did not have it, which is not an original thought.
沒有聯合國就得創造聯合國,並不是我才這麼想。
19、What's done can't be undone.
無可挽回。 潑水難收。
20、What's more miserable than discontent?
有什麼比不知足更為痛苦?
21、Stay hungry, stay foolish.
求知若飢,虛心若愚。
22、I'm not too proud of the movies I made as a grownup except for 'That Hagen Girl', which nobody remembers but which gave me a chance to act.
長大後除了《那個哈根女孩》,我沒有為我的任何一部分電影感到非常驕傲,雖然沒人記得,但正是它給了我演戲的機會。
23、When two friends have a common purse, one sings and the other weeps.
兩友合用一錢包,一個悲來一個笑。
24、When wine is in truth is out.
酒後露真言。
25、When the well is full, it will run over.
井水滿了要溢出。
26、I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
我懂得了,勇氣不是沒有恐懼,而是戰勝恐懼。勇者不是感覺不到害怕的人,而是克服自身恐懼的人。
27、When three know it, all know it.
三人知,天下曉。
28、What you dislike in another, take care to correct in yourself.
別人身上你不喜歡的東西,自己身上的也要注意改正。
29、We're here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?
活著就是為了改變世界,難道還有其他原因嗎?
30、Any star can be devoured by human adoration, sparkle by sparkle.
所有明星都能被人類瘋狂的崇拜吞噬,星點相繼。
31、Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.
幫我做出重大決定的最好工具,就是知道自己快死了。
32、When a dog is drowning everyone offers him drink.
落井下石。
33、What we are ignorant of is immense.
我們不知道的東西多得不可勝數。
34、When you go to buy, use your eyes not your ears.
你去購買東西時,要用眼睛莫用耳。
35、Where love fails we espy all faults.
戀愛一旦遭失敗,缺點全都看出來。
36、If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
有建設美好南非的夢想,就有通向夢想的道路。善良和寬恕就是其中的兩條大道。
37、When the wound is healed, the pain is forgotten.
好了傷疤忘了痛。
38、Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is better than two doubles.
質重於量,一支全壘打比兩支安打好多了。
39、When two ride on one horse, one must sit behind.
兩人共騎一匹馬,總有一個背後跨。
40、I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent. I dream of our vast deserts, of our forests, of all our great wildernesses.
我夢見,通過非洲各國領導人齊心協力共同解決非洲的種種問題,非洲實現了統一。我夢見那廣袤的沙漠、茂密的森林,還有那無際的荒野。
41、After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
登上高峰後,你會發現還有更多的山峰要翻越。
42、When I was 14, I was the oldest I ever was. I've been getting younger ever since.
我最老的時候是14歲,從14歲起,我開始「逆生長」。
43、What's lost is lost.
流水落花春去也。
44、Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
教育是最強有力的武器,你能用它來改變世界。
45、What youth is used to, age remembers.
青年時經常做的事,老年時卻能記得起。
46、For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
自由不僅僅意味著擺脫自身的枷鎖,還意味著以一種尊重並增加他人自由的方式生活。
47、What's learnt in the cradle lasts till the tomb.
小時學過的,至死不忘記。
48、What the eye sees not, the heart craves not.
目不瞬,心不亂。
49、Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful… that's what matters to me.
當墓地里最有錢的人對我並不重要。對我來說,重要的是夜晚入睡前能為自己達到的成就喝采。
50、When I walked out of the prison cell towards the door leading to freedom, I have made it clear his own pain and resentment if not able to stay behind, so in fact I still in prison.
當我走出囚室邁向通往自由的大門時,我已經清楚,自己若不能把痛苦與怨恨留在身後,那麼其實我人在獄中。
51、Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
創新決定你是領袖還是跟隨者。
52、Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye ever so to them.
己所欲,施於人。
53、What the heart thinks, the tongue speaks.
心直口快。
54、I want to put a ding in the universe.
我要在宇宙中留下痕跡。
55、What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals.
醉漢口裡露真言。
56、My only problems have been with Americans who, in the beginning, refused to believe I had grown up since my movies.[Stated after her 1974 appointment as U.S. ambassador to Ghana.]
我僅對那些一開始就拒絕相信我已經從我的電影中的小女孩長大成人這個現實的美國人存有疑問。
57、What you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts.
失之東隅,收之桑榆。
58、What the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.
眼不見,心不煩。
59、Where might is master, justice is servant.
有強權,就沒有正義。
60、Where love is there is faith.
有愛情就有忠誠。
61、I detest racialism, because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man.
我痛恨種族主義,不管是來自黑人或是來自白人的種族主義,在我看來,都是野蠻未開化的。
62、What we learn with pleasure we never forget.
樂意學的東西決不會忘記。
63、Good luck needs no explanation.
好運不需解釋。
64、When the ffish is caught the net is laid aside.
魚獲網棄。
65、When the heart is full,, the tongue will speak.
胸有成竹,口若懸河。
66、The U.N. acts as the world's conscience, and over eightyfive percent of the work that is done by the United Nations is in the social, economic, educational and cultural fields.
聯合國扮演著世界良知的角色,而他們的工作85%以上在社會、經濟、教育和文化領域。
67、When we have gold we are in fear; when we have none we are in danger.
手頭有黃金,惶恐很擔心;兩手都空空,處在危急中。
68、What's done by night appears by day.
若要人不知,除非己莫為。
69、When the sun comes in, the doctor goes out.()
陽光入室,醫生出屋。
70、When a friend asks, there is no tomorrow.
朋友的要求不要拖。
71、If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
如果你用一個人聽得懂的語言與他交流,他會記在腦子裡;如果你用他自己的語言與他交流,他會記在心裡。
72、When the heart is afire, some sparks will fly out at the mouth.
心中發火,口吐妄言。